These Oreo Teddy Bear Pops make great party treats or favors. They are simple to make and easy for little hands to hold. Dress them up with some gingham ribbon for the complete “Teddy Bears Picnic” look.
You will need
A packet of Oreo Biscuits
A packet of chocolate buttons suitable for melting (before you buy, watch the video at the bottom of this article so you can decide what type of chocolate to get).
Coloured icing for the eyes
How to Make Teddy Bear Oreo Pops
1. Pull apart the two halves of an Oreo cookie. I broke quite a few before I realised the trick was to zap them in the microwave for 10 seconds before attempting this. It softens the icing and allows it to come apart.
2. Lay one half of the cookie down and place the lollipop stick on top and two chocolate buttons in the place of ears. Melt a little of your chocolate and place a dab over the lollipop stick. This will help it stay in place and stop sliding up and down. Place the top half of the cookie back and put in the fridge for five minutes to let the chocolate set.
3. Melt your chocolate buttons making sure you have enough left to place on the front later to form the nose. Dip your Oreo Pops into the chocolate or if you prefer you can use an icing knife to scoop the chocolate and cover the biscuit.
4. Lay on some greaseproof paper and place a chocolate button on the front. Pop them back in the fridge to set.
5. Once they are set, take from the fridge and pipe on coloured icing for the eyes.
Voila….chocolate teddy bear pops.